Monday, November 3, 2014

Three Postage Stamps

What are you most proud of to date in your teaching career?


Yikes. It's only day three and already I'm wondering if I can take a month of my own horn-tootin'. Since a prompt is just that--a nudge, a prod--I am going to allow my gut rejection of this question to bump me towards something I'd rather write about: today's one-inch postage stamps.

Postage Stamp #1) "Wacky Food Wednesday" editors pushing each other in grocery carts in Hy-Vee to create video footage for the opening of their new show. I'm not sure what they were learning, but it involved physics, spatial awareness, and the science of laughter.

Postage Stamp #2) My "difficult student" spoke politely to me. Our one-step-forward, two-steps-back dance pattern took a couple of steps forward.

Postage Stamp #3) "I need another book." Music to my ears. 




No comments:

Post a Comment