Sunday, November 30, 2014

If not kind, at least helpful

Nov 30 Practice an act of kindness this week and blog about your experience


Was I kind this week? I think I was--or at least I was helpful, a kissin' cousin to kindness. 

I hosted Thanksgiving. 
I dreamed up party games. 
I mediated my children's arguments. 
I cleaned a pheasant. 
I offered revision suggestions on drafts of papers about water scarcity in the Southwest and the United Nations R2P. 
I helped my daughter finish her teaching portfolio. 
I bought a Christmas tree. 
I watched the movie my kids wanted to watch. 
I learned to play a rudimentary "Thunderstruck" on the accordion at a colleague's request. 
I helped my husband bandage his broken thumb and I buttoned his shirts. 
I (helpfully) finished off the Key lime pie.

The November Attitude of Gratitude blogging challenge has come to an end. I'm glad I did it, but I'm THANKFUL it's over. 

Tune in tomorrow for my December project to organize my life. Each day I will choose one spot in my life that needs attention (car, house, classroom), set my timer for 15 minutes, then post the before and after pictures. I'm hoping the act of posting the pics will help me follow through with my good intentions! I'd welcome some company if any of you would like to join me!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment