Tuesday, November 18, 2014

My Colleagues, By the Numbers

Nov 18 What do you appreciate about your colleagues?


I'll go for 18 on the 18th:
1) One pokes her head in my room to tell me a math joke:
Q: Why did the chicken cross the mobius strip? 
A: To get to the same side. 
2) Another vacuums around my room's unwieldy sofas and never complains (to me).
3) The third uses cajoling and patience to remind me (again) to take attendance.
4) Number Four is a new teacher who's a natural in the classroom, blending warmth and control in perfect measure.
5) This man has a forgiving heart and a cheerful spirit. His darling kids as a bonus.
6) Miss Six finds tech answers like it's her job. Wait, it is. But she rocks it like no other.
7) Lucky Seven is a life-long learner and a positive role model. And he wears a tie every day.
8) Eight is a rocket-fueled dynamo. Plus her room looks like it popped off Pinterest. So stinkin' cute.
9) Number Nine truly listens. 
10) I have never, ever seen Mr. 10 in a negative mood. Our kids are so lucky he's in our school.
11) Look who decorated for Thanksgiving with colorable table cloths for the teachers' work room!
This is just like the tablecloth on our teacher tables.
12) This teacher is helping our CLT to be more reflective and responsive to each other's needs.
13) Hilarious, whip smart, and determined to make our guidance office welcoming and helpful. Thanks, 13.
14) You should all be jealous that #14 is our guidance counselor and not yours. Biggest heart ever.
15) Fifteen sits in the driver's seat of this behemoth machine known as AHS. We'd be lost without her. Plus she wins the Nicest Person award. Worldwide.
16) Sweet Sixteen's students prepare and serve Trojan Diner, my best meal of the month.
17) Who untangled my tax-exempt-certificate-online-order tangle this morning? That would be the amazing #17. 
18) I ran out of numbers before I ran out of things I appreciate about my colleagues. This was a good exercise to pause and articulate some of the positive things about the many wonderful people I work with.


No comments:

Post a Comment