Saturday, November 15, 2014

Sonnet to Google Forms

Nov 15 What tech tools are you most grateful for? Why? How have they changed what you do?


Sonnet to Google Forms

Oh, Google, did you make the forms for me?
You read my heart; sent forms from up above!
You knew I needed instant ways to see
My students' learning (or the lack thereof).

Now every week--or sometimes more than that--
I use a form to read my students' minds.
A form invites: an on-line welcome mat!
More friendly than a quiz, more fun, more kind.

The students open up; no fear or shame.
They talk of struggles, what they're striving for.
Assessment in its truest, honest frame--
No grading, just a sharing, nothing more.

Dear Google Forms, you've changed my scope, my reach-- 
You've helped me see the hearts of kids I teach.






No comments:

Post a Comment