Sunday, November 23, 2014

#AHSpositive, Part II

Nov 23 How did your Attitude of Gratitude work out - tell us about it.


On Nov. 9 the #TeachThought challenge asked us to plan a way to express an Attitude of Gratitude in our schools. I said I would tweet out #AHSpositive comments. Let's see how I did: 

Not good.

AHS J-Lab is actually me (the Twitter account used to notify my editors), so it looks like I posted positives three times. That is a 77% rate of failure, or--in the name of positivity--a 23% success rate.

As an exercise in reflection, what happened? First, I wasn't very committed. I was already nine days into a blogging month (which is a big commitment for me), and signing on for another layer of gratitude felt...secondary. Additionally, I've been using a loner phone, so I didn't have phone access to my Twitter account. Poor me. 

I can do better than that. But I need to adjust for the pitfalls that sank my first attempt. 

#1) Up my commitment.
I have eight days left in November. I will post TWO #AHSpositive tweets each day. This gives me 16 chances to redeem myself. 

#2) Link my #AHSpositive tweet to my blogging.
I have found success in the method of establishing new habits by linking them to old habits. In this case, I'm not forgetting to blog each day, so I will LINK my #AHSpositives to my blogging habit. 

There. Wish me luck.   

No comments:

Post a Comment