Monday, September 8, 2014

The World Is My Big Purse

A couple of years ago my sister gave me a card that said "My car is just a big purse." She knows me well. My desk drawer is also a big purse. And of course, my big purse is a big purse. This means I have to carry a little purse--because important stuff would get lost in the big purse. So it goes.The drawer next to me at the moment, here in my study, looks like this:
Clearly, I am a tech junkie. Emphasis on the junkie. The drawer contains three different sizes of video cassettes (all obsolete, totally useless), a non-working running watch, a non-working Fitbit, and the case from my new (defective) Lumolift. It also holds a good start on an iPod museum:
All non-working.
My phone collection is also notable:
Eight non-working phones.

I don't plan to fix any of this stuff. I can't use it because it's broken. This little exercise is making me question my mental health. Good night.


Day 8: What’s in your desk drawer, and what can you infer from those contents?

Reflection: I am feeling a bit blue about this blogging challenge. Why did I think I had time to blog for thirty days? Did I really think I had an extra hour (even 30 minutes?) in my days? I had a really good day of teaching, and a full night of preparing for tomorrow, touching base with students on various projects, and arranging for our yearbook distribution on Wednesday. Then it was time to blog (i.e. bedtime), and I found myself confronting my inability to tell the difference between what to keep and what to throw away. This was not a happy reflection :-/.

3 comments:

  1. You are me, Allison. My cell phone museum is noteworthy also. ;) And the big purse/smaller purse dilemma... priceless. Thanks for the spark of recognition

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - purse analogy is priceless. And I feel your pain regarding obsolete tech equipment. This post hits close to home (maybe too close).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, dear ladies. Your kinship means so much to me--and helps me see my "issues" in a gentler light.

    ReplyDelete