Monday, September 29, 2014

I used to be...now...

I used to be marbles rolling every which way; now I'm marbles rolling mostly in the same direction.
I used to be a gale-force wind; now I'm a stiff breeze.
I used to tell it slant; now I tell it straight(er).
I used to um, uh, lose my train of thought; now I uh, um--
I used to carry my school work home in a huge cardboard box; now I carry my school work home in a huge Google Drive.
I used to think I was teaching my favorite students; now I think I'm teaching my favorite students. Happens every year.
I used to teach poetry; now I share poetry.
I used to be chartreuse; now I'm jade.
I used to be Pop Rocks; now I'm Life Savers.
1985 - My second year of teaching.
I used to be chin-deep in student writing; now I'm up to my elbows. 
I used to dog-paddle; now I sidestroke. 
Day 29: How have you changed as an educator since you first started?
Reflection: I'd love to hear what some of you used to be...are now. Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment