Friday, July 3, 2020

Day #108 Writing Through COVID-19: Running, Part I

I just pinned on my microchipped running tag and will finish this cup of coffee before heading to Exira for a 10k run.

I'm excited. I've been running a lot during COVID-19, on the local trails and my gravel road, but this will be my first organized run of the summer.

These are the guidelines the organizers have put in place:

1) Runners picked up their tags over two days preceding the event to prevent the morning crowd on race day.

2) We have been told to distance ourselves during the pre-run milling in the park. I will wear a mask during this time, and I hope others will too.

3) Runners will be lined up in three chutes (6 feet apart horizontally) and staggered by six feet as they begin the race. Because we are tagged with microchips, our times will be accurate even if we don't start together. I will happily be at the back of the pack so no one will need to pass me. At 13-minute miles, I don't risk passing anyone else!

I'm confident I can keep myself away from others. I'm not sure else everyone will.

I'll report back...

Enough.
Be well.
RUN!

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment