Friday, December 18, 2020

Day #274 Writing Through COVID-19: A Thread (hanging by)

Actually, it hasn't been a bad week. So why do I feel so fragile?

The blog entry I drafted Wednesday night sounded fussy and petulant. I abandoned it. 

Last night, after spending too long trying to resuscitate Wednesday's blithering, I gave up.
----------------------

I am coming to the close of the semester. 

Notably, I am still loving all seven of the classes I teach.

Most years I am in break-up mode with a least a few classes at this point! 

Let's call this a win.
------------------

How can I record this strangest of times? When I type out the COVID numbers, I feel like an automaton. When I write about the classroom, I vacillate between Pollyanna rah-rah and let's-all-give-it-up. 

Is it possible to be living authentically in contradicting thoughts and spaces?
----------------------

Friday morning now: Monday-Friday-Monday-Friday my husband and I often say to each other as weeks fly by. 

I have never wanted to wish my life away. That is still true. 

But I'm oh so tempted to wish away these weeks/months of sameness before the world can access the vaccine and emerge from our year of hibernation.

Enough.
Be well.
Write.

Allison

Mr. Wolf Hoegh



No comments:

Post a Comment