Friday, November 13, 2020

Day #241 Writing Through COVID-19: Two Tracks, Revisited

Yesterday I wrote about how my life seems to be moving ahead on two parallel tracks. The contrast was stark again today: 

COVID warnings are dire. Tonight only five Iowa counties are under the 15% positivity rate. Yet the unmasked custodian who worked in my classroom this evening told me he has strong antibodies and won't get the coronavirus. 
-------------------------

On the parallel track, my broadcasting students launched their new (much improved!) video news show today. I'm proud of their work!

My yearbookers took their first look at the 2020 annual they finished this fall under crazy, difficult times. We are proud of what we produced under restrictions, cancellations, and (yeah, you know).

The AHS news site team continues to post a strong mix of informative and entertaining stories. My days fly by with the energy and excitement of so many high-school journalists!

-----------------------

But then I look at this: 









Enough.
Be well.
Write.
Breathe.

Allison

Look who's loving his visit to the South Island, NZ!


No comments:

Post a Comment