Sunday, November 8, 2020

Day #232 Writing Through COVID-19: This Day

I was on the trail this morning when my daughter's text dinged my phone at 10:26:

"They called it
Kamala first woman vp!!"

I finished my run with a spring in my step, then topped off the hour with a celebratory spin on the uni.


-----------------------------

This afternoon when I visited my mother-in-law, I brought her new undergarments and a soft bathrobe. I asked her if she would be willing to restart our accordion practices if we could keep ourselves safely distanced.

In August when I returned to school, we moved our visits outdoors and put our accordion practice on hold. As the weather cooled, we moved our visits back inside, but we are both masked and sit across the room from each other.

But I miss the accordion. 

Today I suggested we resume our lessons by using two music stands while maintaining distance. I will monitor myself for even the slightest of symptoms.  I will wash my hands. I will not touch my mask. She will not touch my music stand.

I don't want to pressure her. She worries about COVID contamination. (She worries about everything.) I asked her to think on it and let me know if she's comfortable with my offer. 
------------------------

I tried to play Bridge with my dad. There are now 9 active COVID cases in the assisted-living sections of my parents' care center. They are restricted to their small rooms, so a game of Bridge was a welcome blip of activity in an isolated day. 

But his internet was spotty and kept freezing up and kicking him off Zoom. At last we gave up. I finished the hand of Bridge without him.

I lost.

Enough.
Be well.
Write.

Allison

My son Max with his son Wolf.






No comments:

Post a Comment