Thursday, June 15, 2023

Here and Now

An update: 

My dad died last September. 

We siblings moved our mom into memory care a month ago. 

Two of the four English teachers in my school resigned this spring, leaving us (again) with frenetic hopes to find a Red-Green solution to cover our classes in the coming year. 

Let's not talk (for now) about what the Iowa legislature did this past spring to children, teachers, public schools, books, and humanity. 

------------ Life is heavy.

and yet...

I ran four miles today. Not everyone would call it "running," but I did it.

I washed windows while listening to the final chapters of the David Copperfield audiobook after reading Demon Copperhead. Ahhhh.

My youngest grandchild, Roger, had his first swim today. Here he is, held by his mother and enjoyed by his laughing aunt who is visiting North Carolina from Denver. (Yes, I'm babysitting her dog.)



























We have some tough months ahead.
Be well.
Write. 
  
     Allison



No comments:

Post a Comment