Thursday, March 4, 2021

Day #352 Writing Through COVID-19: Fitness

The thermometer hit 60 today, and I was there for it.

After school, I headed to the rock-quarry trail and logged my first two outdoor running miles of 2021 at a don't-write-home-about-it 11:25 pace. Neither the distance nor speed warrants notice. But the fact that I ran at all after a day of teaching and before Emma's cycling class deserves a can-do cheer.
----------------------

At 61, I am not yet in the grave. But for each day my body cooperates to give me 30 minutes of running or a good sweat on a bicycle, I am thankful.

Tonight, when I beat Dan in Ping-Pong 21-19, I marveled not so much at my win as at our sexagenarian coordination, eyesight, and balance!

Fitness was once in my life a given, then a choice, and now a gift. 

Enough.
Be well.
Write.

Allison

This boy! My heart!




No comments:

Post a Comment