Monday, April 13, 2020

Day #25 Writing Through COVID-19: Winners and Losers

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a busy day during COVID time, but today felt like one.

After a slow hour of coffee and conversation with my parents (more stories about those naughty Potter boys), I queued up for three back-to-back ZOOM meetings.

First I met with my delightful broadcasting students who want to make an at-home quarantine episode for "Eye of the Needle," their (usually) weekly news show.

Next it was an hour with the Building Leadership Team to discuss how to plan for the unplannable.

Finally, the English department met to set up our week's online "learning opportunities" (reminder: do not call these "assignments").

ZOOM meetings exhaust me--maybe from trying to look engaged every moment since my face is RIGHT THERE. Or maybe from the extra effort it takes to mute/unmute again and again.

Whatever the reason, I followed the ZOOMS with a two-hour nap.

This evening when I pulled up Netflix, Fiddler on the Roof was first in my "recommended" list. This says something about my search habits of late. Regardless, it was the perfect movie for my parents tonight. I watched the first 30 minutes with them before sneaking upstairs to write a poem and this post.
-------------------

As I looked back on the day, the "Fiddler on the Roof" success reminds me of how even with good-hearted intentions, my efforts do not always hit the mark. I made a scoreboard and was relieved that we do have more winners than losers.
Enough.
Stay well.
Write.

Allison

3 comments:

  1. I like the distinction of puzzle size in your category. That matters! Thanks for sharing your writing with the world. Your words are treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the "winners/losers" column. (And THREE Zoom meetings in one day is unimaginable. A much deserved nap.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you, Kim and Missy, for hearing me! Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete