Thursday, February 25, 2021

Day #344 Writing Through COVID-19: Say Something Nice.

Today in Yearbook class K said she hopes she's as fit as I am when she's my age. It was such a lovely compliment (especially considering a student called me "Grandma" earlier this week). I told her that I, too, have admired "old people" for a range of reasons and thought "I want to be like that when I'm that age."
-----------------------

As compliments are wont to do, K's words made me determined to live up to her perception of me today.

I attended Game Club after school. While I usually gravitate to chess, a decidedly sedentary choice. But some kids were playing "Let's Dance" on the Wii, so I got in line and gave it a go. I came in third out of four. Let's log that as a win.

Next, I headed to cycling class at the YMCA for the third time this week. Our fearless leader Emma built the workout around chronologically arranged Taylor Swift songs. Emma even wore the French braid. We rocked it out and biked it hard!

When I got home, Dan was in the basement finishing his old-man evening lifting/biking regimen. He agreed to a game of Ping-Pong, and I beat him 21-17.
-------------------------

K is a compliment-generous person, as am I. I get a buzz from inviting people to glimpse their potential or see themselves through the eyes of someone (me) who appreciates their gifts. 

Has anyone researched the idea that bestowing compliments on others might, in fact, be a key to happiness?

Asking for a friend.

Enough.
Be well.
Write.

Allison

Just a sleeping angel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment